Hey all, just watching Mission Impossible 3 last night, The scene where they just captured davian from Rome and are on the plane, there is a scene when it shows the plane fly by with the jets on the screen.

I noticed what "sounded" like distortion on the plane engines...unfortunatly my wife was watching the movie with me, so that means "no rewinding rule in effect" (she got very strict with this after the speaker purchase).

20 mins later it was still on my mind...and she says "I am going to go into the kitchen and make some caramel popcorn, just keep watching, don't pause it or anything".

Bam, rewind it to the scene with the jets, try it at -25db, -30db, -35db, -45db all with the same result, its clear at first, then when the peak engine sound comes, there is a little bit of distortion (I should mention this is all with the M22s)

I am assuming it is the source thats the problem? I just had a hard time believing that a movie like Mission Impossible 3 has some distortion on the recording of the jets on the screen...

It would be awsome if someone could cue up the same scene and see if you notice it as well. I must add I was extreamly disapointed with MI:3....not alot of surround content, not alot of LFE...kind of a borning movie for sound effect and such, even my wife noticed it (we watched Bourne Identity two days ago in DTS) she said she could notice a dramatic decrease in effects from the Bourne Identity (I was suprised that she noticed that!).

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com