Just curious - - why do you want a high power amp for desk top near field use? If it isn't too inexpensive, I'd recommend this $159 2 channel amp:

Sonic Impact Model TA2024 Super T power amplifier

If you'd rather stay under $50 and still get superb sound quality, I'd go with a T-Amp which you can get for between $25-40. These are 5 wpc into 8 ohms. They are a superb match for the M3Ti. I have both M3s and M2s, and for stereo use, I prefer the M3s.

I have a bunch of these, use them with a simple pyramid 13.8V 3Amp power converter instead of a bunch of AA batteries. I swapped out the capacitor for a nice 2.2uf Solen, and this thing sounds ridiculously good.

Just a thought. Of course, they're so light you may want to get a little dab of velcro to make sure the power cord doesn't drag the thing off your desk.

5 watts per chennal is more than enough to drive M3s at a very high volume level. Most of the time, these 93db beauties don't need more than 1-2 watts for big sound. Don't forget, 93db efficient means 1 watt drives a speaker to 93 db at 1 meter. That's loud for nearfield use.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.