Greetings. I just registered here looking for feedback to make a speaker purchase decision. I posted the following on the AVS and the Aperion forum and wanted to put it here too.

So thanks to an AVS forum member I found a few stores to check out in my local area. I will audition whatever I can, but never the less, I have limited audition options as far as B&Ms go. It is looking like I am going ID. AV123 is out because they have more or less sold their stock out due to the clearance sales so they can move. I am sure the rockets are badass, but due to stock limitations I have ruled them out for the time being.

I am now closely looking at Aperion and Axiom. I realize there are other quality IDs out there, but these are the two I am settling on. I have extensively searched these and other forums and have not seen a good discussion about the merits of the 633Ts vs the M80. I am an audio noob with about 1 month worth of self education under his belt. I ask what the members of this forum think of the objective construction of these speakers and voice their opinions. For instance the M80s have more drivers than the 633Ts, but are they of inferior quality? I do know I would rather have fewer quality drivers than more of a cheaper driver. Here are the links if you want to check them out.

Aperion 633T

Axiom M80

This is a comparison of the two companies flagship speakers (Some may consider the 533PT the flagship, but the 633 has better drivers and I want a seperate subwoofer solution). The price difference is $150 per speaker with the M80s being $1300/pair and the 633Ts being $1000/pair. My question was how can Axiom have 3 more drivers per speaker than the Aperions for only $150 difference? Are there corners being cut? Or are we paying a little extra for the nice finish on the Aperions?

Last edited by bhull; 02/26/07 06:34 PM.