First off, welcome.

I have no experience with Aperion but I will weigh in on the M80. First let me state that I don't neccesarily believe that more drivers always equals a better speaker. There are a lot of aspects to the design.

What I can tell you is that the M80 (and all of Axioms products) are of excellent quality. Once I heard the Axioms in my home I knew I had found the speakers that I will use in my theater for a long, long time. It was so refreshing and enlightening to be so satisfied with a piece of audio/home theater equipment, that I could not imagine ever replacing it. I don't know that I could say this about anything else in my setup. Other gear will come and go, but the Axioms are here to stay.

Aperion's look like a very nice speaker, with a real wood finish you would pay more for with Axiom. I would say it compares closer spec wise to the M60 however. Hard to tell for sure without a response graph, or dB refrence points on there frequecy response numbers.

The best thing you can do is audition both sets for yourself. The Audition thread in the Hearing Things forum will help you locate an M80/M60 owner in your area.

Good luck and enjoy whatever you find best suits you.

-Dave

M80s VP150 QS8s EP500s
ravenmanor.com/cinema/