Hi,

THANKS for the various inputs.

the room was designed around astronomy. i wanted to see the southern stars from the couch. of course, they make an excellent background to a movie or listening. i wasn't thinking about home theater back then (about 7 years ago).

it's a bit too hard, and some "dampening" will have to take place.

to answer as many of the above:

PeterChenoweth - yes, movies only at night. many other things to do during the day.

Real80sman - YES, the 600 performs admirably. i had once calculated the resonant frequency of the room to be 31hz (or so). thanks for the pictures. they'll be helpful.

the receiver is due late this week / early next week - a Denon 4806CI. i'm still slogging through the PDF of the owner's manual.

tomtuttle, Nachosgrande - toe-in & position noted. i have little experience with 'box' designs. my previous speakers were Allison: Ones, and their placement was well spelled out & documented by the designer.

Alan - thanks for the attention. it's not too often i can get the resident expert to poke his nose into my living room and make suggestions !

again, all the input is appreciated. your collective experience is truly valued.

Elden

In all things: balance.