Hello Folks

After spend many days and nights researching forums and review, I finally ordered and received my new M80/VP150/QS8 speakers. In the beginning, I had it hooked up to my Kenwood VR6070 and the sound coming out of these speakers was acceptable but not the wow I was hoping to hear. I kind of expected that knowing that my receiver is not rating to handle the 4 ohms that the M80s required. I went out and purchased a new Denon 2807 for $1200 to run these speakers. The result was night and day. The sound I am getting is definitely much fuller and more detailed when playing NJs Come Away with Me. At this point, I was quite satisfied with this setup until I saw a used Aragon 8002 amp on the market for $675 and I immediately jump on it. Let me tell you, without the amp the system rocks, but with amp, the system is absolutely mesmerizing. The soundstage is more 3 dimensional and each instrument are much more discrete, the base is much more focus and even at over 100db the sound coming out of these speakers still sounds effortless. As a final word, after spending just over 5K, I can truly say that I have an audiophile grade system that I am proud to own.

As a side note, I bi-wired the M80S with 2 pairs of Audioquest’s indigo cables and does notice the result to be slightly more pleasing and natural sounding.

Peter