I've played quite a few in the past, mainly EQ, but also EQ2, City of Heroes, EVE, and a few free ones. I also was a primary developer and admin for a couple years on a free EQ-like project called Winter's Roar (now called Shards of Dalaya).

The same thing tore me away from each one of these. I simply didn't have the time. Also, since I was a casual player, I had a hard time reliably connecting with what friends I did make because they were also casual players. Pick-up groups rarely turned out well for me due to the fact that I'm twice most of the players age. Too much goofing on each other and too much goofing off. I found myself soloing a lot because I'd only be on for an hour or less at a time and I didn't want to waste what little playing time I had with a bunch of foolishness.

Out of all of the games, I think I enjoyed City of Heroes the most. Not sure why. Perhaps its because it was such a refreshing change from all the other the EQ-esque games out there. The interface was top notch too.

Ken. VaSSallo Series M60v2, VP100v2, QS8v2 SVS SB12-Plus