Early in '03 I was looking to put together a 2 ch system in the garage as that's where I was spending my time.I had scored a decent kenwood integrated for $30.00 and was looking for some acceptable sounding inexpensive speakers. I somehow got it in my head that... (hangs head in shame) BOSE 201's would be all that. I went on an internet quest for a deal on them and before long I had read dozens or posts on various forums exposing the truth. So I dug in- determined to get something worth having for $200. The JBL's that look like 201's were in the running, but in one of those forums I came across a review of the M3's comparing them to speakers costing $2k. Then I found a few more reviews saying the same things.
The Axiom message board was a big positive, and I liked the "factory outlet" option as these would be covered with overspray and crud in no time. The lack of a wall mount was a downer but there was talk of one in the works so I sucked it up and ordered a pair. I compared them to my nht super ones and was quite impressed. They took their places in the garage and a year later the FMB came out and they got positioned properly. Still thought those q's looked way cool, but I was mr 2ch, having shunned prologic1 after hearing a freind's system.
By '05 I was watching tv on dvd with the 2ch system,and prologic had passed, so I sucked it up again and bought the q's and an add-on processor. The vp150 was next, then it got expensive- lets not talk about that.