Let me tell you guys a little story about one guy’s dream of an amazing home theater. It all started back in 2000, when I was a junior in college. I bought an HTIB by Kenwood. I was hooked by what I thought to be the amazing sound from this system. I was also hooked by surround sound in general. I discovered little things like Saving Private Ryan, The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over, Eric Clapton: Unplugged, etc.

Well, at some point after graduating, getting married, and buying a house, I realized that there was something more to be had when it comes to quality sound. So about 3 years ago I started my research that has led me to this post here today. As I read review after review and visited countless electronics stores I eventually came across Axiom. I don’t remember exactly how, but I think it was via a link from Audioholics. The price points, the great reviews, the great specs, and the awesome forums led me to be 90% set on purchasing Axioms at some point.

I live in Atlanta and wanted to audition the m80’s, qs8’s, vp150, and either the ep500 or ep600. Surprisingly, no one in the Atlanta area had this set up. However, waaaay down in southern Georgia, there lived a fellow forum member by the name of hopkinj4. He happened to have everything I wanted to audition (with 2 ep500’s!).

Before I go on with my rambling story, let me stop and recognize a couple of things about hopkinj4 and his family. What an amazing group. They made me and my wife feel very comfortable and relaxed. Their home theater is a custom built home theater room with stadium seating and everything. Probably 1 of the top 3 that I have seen posted in the Wall’o Fame here. He needs to get some pictures up.

Back to the story. The audition was amazing. Even my wife, who could care less about this kind of stuff, was completely amazed. Better sound came from his set up then any theater that I have ever been to. At that point, I was completely sold on Axioms.

Well, I eventually had enough disposable income to make the purchase this year. We decided on the Vermont Maple finish to better match our room. I got the m80;s, vp150, qs8’s, and the ep500. I would probably have been better off with the ep600 due to my vaulted ceilings. The ep600 is just too big though….physically. So we went with the ep500.

I don’t know what to say about the sound except for this……You know how if you look forward to something for a really long time? Something that you want to watch (movie), or drive (new car), or eat, or a place to visit. And then you watch it, or drive it, or eat it, or visit it, and even though it is good, somehow you are still a little bit let down. Simply because you built it up to be more then it could ever be. Well, I have been building up expectations for the sound that would come out of my Axioms for close to 3 years now. And let me tell you, they EXCEED everything that I was expecting. I am particularly impressed with the ability of the qs8’s and the ep500 so far. The ep500 has not flinched at anything that I have thrown at it yet and the qs8’s have the ability to “disappear”. Really amazing. I think I still need to work on the placement of the m80’s. I am driving everything with the Denon 3806.

I will take some pictures and post later. Sorry for the long post, but like I said, it took me about 3 years to create it. Thanks to everyone on the forums and everyone at Axiom (especially Noreen for doing a great job on getting these to me so quickly). You guys have been a big part of this large decision.

Last edited by jonahbug; 04/18/07 02:41 PM.