Quote:

Jonah,

How far are you from your left and right mains? And how far are the mains from eachother?

You might get cleaner response if you move your M80s apart a bit further (if the distance from M80 to M80 is less than your listening position to the M80s). You could move the EP500 inside of the left M80, sort of mid wall, this will give you cleaner bass response, less boomy. I am sure the wife won't really care as the sub and the M80 are just switching places.

Then the right M80 has to move out more to the right to match the left M80.

MANNNNN, I love that maple....droooooooooooooooooooooools.

-Hutz

If I swapped the sub and the m80, that would be fine. But then, like you said, I would of course have to move my right speaker out to match the left. If I did that, the right speaker would be in the way to walk up the stairs. As far as the sub being boomy, this isnt really a problem. My celings start at about 15 ft, then slant up from there another 10 feet. The long and short of it is that I have a huge amount of open space in this room. In the open area where my main seating area is, the bass response is obviously lower then the corners, but it is perfect. Maybe down the road, I will get a second sub to place somewhere else. But that will be a year or two away. My next purchase will be a nice amp (possibly the new Axiom amp if it is at a reasonable price and perfoms well).