I'm looking to add a HT system to a basement family room. The total room size is 22'l x 18'w x 7'h. However, a center post and the way we have furniture and kids toys arranged serve to effectviely divide the space into two rooms 11x18 each. The HT system will be in one of these "sub" rooms.

The TV will be against an 11' wall, with seating for four (small sofa and side chair) about 10 ft away.

Like other posters, I foudn no help at the big bix stores, and don't have enough available coin to generate much interest from the local audiophile store. Some web research and a friend's recommendation led me to Axiom.

I intend to but some Axiom gear, but I'm not sure just what. I'll be using the system for both music and HT - the music performance matters.

Based on my research so far and a brief chat with an Axiom rep,I have developed the following ideas.

For fronts M22. QS8 for surrounds. For the center, it is not clear to me whether a VP 100 or 150 is a better solution. Thoughts from anyone? As to a sub, in my mind I am weighing between a EP 350 or a HSU model, (VTF 2.3, if I have that right). My concerns here reveolve around some possible $ savings and balanced performance between music and HT.

As to a receiver, the Axiom rep recommended a Newcastle R-771. It is not clear to me whether the rep was suggesting this becasue he beleived it to be particaurly good match and value, or whether this simply is the best fit from what Axiom offers. Advice?

One basic issue I could use guidance on is how to balance what seems to be the relatively small size of the HT viewing area against the considerably larger size/volume of the overall room.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and advice.