Ok, here's what I don't understand about the argument that the M22/M2 is better as a center than the VP100/VP150: Isn't the VP series the same thing as an M22/M2, just horizontal and +/- 1 midrange, +1 tweeter? Yes, the cabinet is a bit different, but is the crossover? (Edit: It would appear so from the post above...)

I mean, Axiom uses the same tweeters, mids, and woofers across the entire range, especially when you're taking M2/M22/VPxxx matching. My VP150 blended seamlessly with my M22's when they were my fronts, and now my VP150 blends seamlessly with my M80's.

Do what you will, it'll sound good. But IMHO unless you have a special setup (like a wide home theater setup - I can then totally understand having a pair of Mxx's as fronts to push out the center soundstage), I'd save my money for something from the VP series. If you just bought the M22, I'm sure Axiom will happily let you return it and exchange it for a M22 'shell'. They might even let you return the drivers only, and credit you the difference. You never know.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 05/05/07 12:46 AM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office