Hi everyone,

I am mulling over several options with respect to my theater/media room.(17 feet wide, 21 feet long, 8 feet high) I currently have an all Polk RTi 7 speaker setup (RTi 8, RTi 6 and RTi4) with a Mirage Omni 12 sub. This is all powered with an HK AVR 435. I like the sound of my gear but was surprised at how much I was missing when I heard a demo of Spiderman 2 (among other DVDs I used from my personal collection)at a local HiFi store. The system was powered by seperates (Pre/Pro and AMP)and included speakers that I was told were comprable to my Polks.

My questions is this....should I upgrade the electronics in my system or the speakers? I was shocked at just how much detail and clarity I was missing from my gear. I went home from the store and popped in the same scenes I listened to there. I was so disappointed at what I heard (or didn't hear). It was like a whole layer of sound was missing!!!!

My budget is such that I can only do one or the other ($3000-$3500).

My research has led me to the following options:

Axiom Epic 80 500 Factory Outlet ($3500)
-OR-
Outlaw 990/7700 combo w LMF Plus Sub
($3498)

I know this is a very subjective question and kind of open ended but I want to do something different than what I have. Any thoughts or feedback would be great!

Are there any Polk to Axiom converters out there who can chime in too??

"What's the writing on that treasure chest say...EP600?"