Player levels on the Denon DVD-757 (and 1930CI) are attenuate only -- no boost. IOW each 5.1 channel is adjustable from 0db to -12db.

Reaching proper SWFR output on my system requires maxing out the amplifier's discrete SWFR multichannel gain at +10db, PLUS maxing out the player output levels at FULL MINUS: -12db, except for player SWFR which stays at 0db. When amp volume is turned up further, the -12db on the player 5 channels in effect gives +12db additional boost to the SWFR output.

The effective total boost of about +22db on the SWFR channel when playing SACD and DVD-A using 6-ch analog interconnects.

I've heard the argument about bass redirection; I don't fully understand or buy it. Typical line out spec for 5.1 analog is 2 volts rms, max -- for both SWFR and 5 main channels.

Accomodating the contribution to SWFR output from possible bass redirection shouldn't require cutting the SWFR output. You'd know the max possible contribution from fully-driven inputs (inc'l from redirection) -- that would set the max Vrms on the SWFR output jack.

On my system, even though player bass redirection is in effect, the player SWFR output (LFE + redirected bass) is still far too weak.

It's not just the LFE (or SWFR, depending on terminology) channel from SACD/DVD-A is weak, but the cumulative player SWFR output (LFE plus redirected bass) is also weak.