Haven't done the update. Didn't even know about it, really. I assume it requires Xbox Live, which I don't have. Not much of an on-line gamer.

Yeah, my tv is only 34", and I kinda knew the new format was beneficial for larger screens. All in all, my Denon 2900 gives me a great picture, and with a lot of standard DVDs dropping in price, I'm hard-pressed to find a reason to dive into the HD formats. Yesterday I bought "Munich," "The Constant Gardener," and "Capote," and spent less than the price of a single new HD-DVD.

Still, it's tempting. Once I start down the HD path, I'll feel the need to change. First the standalone player, then a reciever that can handle HDMI, then a larger TV that will support 1080p. Can't afford stuff like that now, especially when I'm still happy with what I've got. Hard to justify it. Besides, I pour most of my money into audio junk. Can't help it.

With the falling prices on the Toshiba HD-A2, I have to constantly fight the urge. Realistically, I know I should wait for a capable universal player, or one format to be crowned "king."

"Nothin' up my sleeve. . ." --Bullwinkle J. Moose