Quote:

As for the Toshiba HD players I just bought the HD-XA2, Imho if you can fit one in the budget get it, great HD picture, but the real bonus to me was in the upscaling of regular DVD's, I was never totally sold on upscaling DVD players, after owning a Denon 3910 which was touted as being one of the best, I could never really tell much of a difference between it and just using the 360 for movies, so when I bought the Toshiba I continued to use the 360 for standard DVD's, in part because it loads much faster. Well to make a long story short the other night the Toshiba was already fired up so I put a standard DVD in and the picture was incredible, so I did some back and forths between the 360 and the Toshiba with several different movies with the same results, the Toshibas picture quality on standard DVD's was almost as good as some of the HD movies, it blew the 360 and my old upscaling Denon 3910 right out of the water.

Yes my sentiments as well. I knew that the Toshiba XA2 HD DVD image was going to be spectacular but the big surprise was how well it upscales standard DVD. The level of detail and contrast compared to my Panny S97/Oppos are night and day, and those 2 players were among the best for SD. I'd heard how good the HQV processing technology was for upconverting and scaling in these players and that alone was worth the price.

John