Well, yeah, actually I agree that DHL is worse. My M80's-By-DHL hold the record for the most damage to any package.

It's interesting, because one's local depot and drivers matter a great deal. This obviously varies from place to place. I will admit that just because it's good in one place doesn't mean it's good everywhere. But in my town, UPS is better and I'm not alone in thinking that.

Warning, rant ahead:

I certainly can't say that every package from Fedex is messed up, nor can I say that every UPS package is perfect. But I do know that I have more problems with delayed and damaged packages, rude employees, etc with FedEx than with UPS. I can always hear the 'thud' of packages on my front porch when delivered by FedEx. In one instance I was treated as basically a terrorist and/or drug smuggler when I showed up at the local FedEx office and simply questioned why my 'Next Day Air' package had taken over a week, and was then told that they just couldn't be bothered to go search the truck for it after I had made the 30 mile drive to their depot. This was after their corporate customer support told me that it wouldn't be a problem. I was irritated but remained calm, though every FedEx package I received for the next year was opened and rummaged through. Seriously. Anyway....

UPS has always treated me right. My UPS delivery guy is pleasant and actually sets packages down instead of dropping them. He also usually puts in the extra effort to leave packages that he suspects may be more expensive on my back deck instead of the front porch, which is a nice touch. If I miss a needed package, the local depot's loaders are there late in the evening are always pleasant and helpful to talk to, and quite willing to pull a package off a truck and hold it for pickup.

Anyway, rant over, and I'm hijacking 'Quack's thread...

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 05/30/07 05:34 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office