Interesting that you should notice that. After I mounted the speakers, and before I installed the speaker wire, I was wondering if those wooden beams would effect the sound. The speakers are about 12" behind the front beam. I thought about it a while and decided to try it, as is, and see what happened.

If you look closely at the top picture, you will see that rotating the speakers 90 degrees will do no good. There are other wooden beams in the way.

If you will look closely at the top of the speaker, you will see a couple of turns of "extra" speaker wire. My ultimate solution, is to drop the speakers another 6" to 9" lower by simply using a flat metal extender rod/ plate. That's why I left some extra wire. By the way, I color coded one wire set with yellow electrical tape and the other with red electrical tape to identify which was which.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that I can not tell that the tweeters are really being obstructed. The music sounds fine and I am sure the folks at the other side of the lake can also enjoy the music!! LOL!!!

If the spirit moves me, I can always drops the speakers a few more inches and see if I notice any difference.

The Rat. M80s, VP-150, QS8s, SVS PC 20-39+, OPPO, Onkyo 703s, Harmony 880 Sony 60" SXRD HDTV