Quote:

I have to single out that comment. You can't browse the web and enjoy it on current devices. It's a pain in the ass. I've got an iPaq with a decent size screen and it murders most websites. You can browse the web, but not like the iPhone can.

To each his own.

I have no problem browsing most of 'my' websites on my 8125 when I need to. Of course, we all have different expectations of which sites we visit, so YMMV. In my case, it's news or weather sites (Wired, CNN, Google News, NWS, etc), maybe a few forums (here, AVS, AV123), and occasionally shopping on Amazon or browsing eBay. They all work just fine for me. No, it's not as nice as surfing on a real PC, but it works just fine when I need it. I highly doubt that the web experience will be as magical as the Apple commercials & demonstrations portray it to be. In other words, it's still going to be the web rendered on a 3.5" (2.8" for my 8125, 3.8" for your iPaq) screen.

Out of curiosity, is your iPaq running PPC 2000 or 2002? IE in PocketPC 2000/2002 butchered websites, I completely agree. But from WM5 on it's quite a bit better. The column modes actually (usually) work. For those websites that IE:WM5 can't handle well (I have found a few), I find that Opera Mobile does a fine job.

I have heard that IE on the new WM6 devices (the 8525, for instance) is even better, but have not experienced it.

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 06/26/07 08:41 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office