I have a question that I have researched many times before and would appreciate some opinions on: My receiver's lowest x-over setting is 80 which is the normal THX setting. What if I were to run the high-level front L&R speaker wires to the EP500, set the x-over on the SUB to 60 and let it pass everything above 60 to the M60's???

The reason I ask is because I used to have a passive SUB many years ago that connected like this and quite frankly it sounded very good. Especially when watching Apollo 13, right before the launch where the music plays really low did the passive SUB sound fantastic... not so much with a powered SUB of better quality. (I do not yet have the EP500 in my possesion.. another week and a half maybe) If I were to try this, would I set the speaker sizes all to small, the same as I would with the line level hookup to the SUB? Or would that limit the low end frequencies needed by the SUB? Or would it be best to just leave the receiver set to SUB-on and the x-over to 80, and the fronts set to small?

"Tis better to desire that which you do not have, than to have that which you do not desire!"