Quote:

You'll want to bring the 80s out from the wall and toe them in. You will also probably want to flip the center upside-down so that it is pointing up at you.

I was thinking about that just this morning... the fine details on speaker position (including the sub) are yet to be determined (I need to have them in the room to play). I knew you'all were going to be specific. In my first model I had the QS8 on stands that were a single post that blocked the bottom driver... I knew someone was going to call me on it, so make it more accurate.

Quote:

Also, you may want to think about hanging your QS8s from the ceiling and angling them towards your couch (three cables). This will give you a cleaner installation.

The ceilings are 18' tall, so there isn't any way to hang them. I could position them on the rear wall, but then I'd have to deal with the wires up the wall rather than just to a stand. Personally, I like the stands (and I have no WAF to worry about). If the rear wall would lend to better performance I'm all for it, but I figured something like this would be more optimal.

Quote:

What's behind your couch? Is it a wall?

Yes, it is a wall... but if it was visible from this angle all you'd see would be the wall Here is a better view of the rear wall:

I'm planning on having the couch pulled-out from the wall by about 1' to try and give the QS8 room fire infront/behind my ears. What do you think about that idea? Do you think it would make a difference from the same stand/couch position just against the rear wall?

One thing that people suggested in my previous post was rotating everything 90deg to have the TV against the wall of windows... I'll try that out tonight and see how it looks (virtual is SO much easier than moving furniture around a living room).

-Todd...