I don't think the corner layout works well for the room. I looked quickly in my model, but due to the size of the TV (51' wide) and the front speakers, it really has to be placed quite a distance out into the room (and still covers quite a bit of the window). The couch can't go under the stairs (I don't want to hit my head, and there is something there to keep me from doing it) so sticks out in the room.

Quote:

Since the corner position pretty much eliminates your first reflection points I think in this particular case it might be worth a try.

I have been thinking about this point with the wall/window to the right of the system. I was thinking of getting a few acoustic panels on stands to position at the first reflection points (I'm also looking into a heavy covering - theater curtain like - for the window). Given the high ceiling and open left side, would I need to worry about the first reflection points in those directions (given they are so far away)?

I was going to hold-off on the acoustic treatment questions until I got the first round of things setup and a baseline set of curves made... but some level of treatment I think is in the works to even the room out.

-Todd...