And I don't mean your home theater! I'm talking about your local theater. I have been told that I play movies at home much louder than the theater does. With the exception of a recent demo, I usually run at 80-85 dB with dynamic peaks at 98-102 dB, give or take. Being the curious, scientific type I had to find out what the local theater was up to. So we went to see HP V last night and while the previews were running I pulled out, much to the complete embarassment of my wife, my RS meter. So during the movie I checked several times what I considered normal volume dialogue and background levels as well as the more intense, loud scenes and sure enough, I'm right on with the local theater, which happens to be brand new and state of the art. I did notice quite a bit more bass in the vocals than I get at home, and it's not because Harry is older.

My wife thinks I'm a *total* geek. I think this behavior, while maybe not normal, is something many of us have either done or wanted to do. So what do you think?
multiple choice, up to 3 choices
Votes accepted starting: 07/26/07 06:57 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Scott

My HT