Mojo,
To answer your question, I used to do a lot of tweaking when I first upgraded to an all Axiom system and in the middle times when I had a mixture. I am now extremely happy with all speakers calibrated equally with the exception of the center at +2. It's only really required for poorly recorded movies but I don't like to have to analyze a movie when it starts and think about weather I should reset stuff. Lazy maybe, but I like to think I just prefer to not be distracted with the extra thoughts every movie and get right into the story.

Even still, I occasionally find with some movies, that my mind eventually drifts away from the story and I think "Man! this movie sucks for surround effects." I used to stop and turn up the surrounds a bit but now I just blame the movie. I'm confident that if they engineered it well, I'll hear it well. If they sucked when they engineered the sound, I can't be bothered to compensate and I will just place it in my mental "Do not buy or rent again" list.

I don't know how much bass or sound effects are lost in my square, very reflective room but since I don't know what I'm missing, I'm still extremely happy.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.