Hi Nick. I have to agree with everyone on this. Eric is right they are very forgiving and likely to sound great wherever you put them. I learned from experience that Randy’s advice to experiment with placement is sage.

And to finish sucking up I also agree with Mojo. I also prefer them more to the side for the music modes and further back for movies and I would add video games. In my room I found that the best place ended up being in the back corners which puts them at 135 degrees from the screen.

Another thing I noticed in my room is that placing them high at the ceiling or low on stands made a difference depending on if I’m listening to movies or music and video games. For music and video games they sound better at ear level the same as the tweeters on my M80s. At ear level the panning of music and video games is seamless. When I tried them up higher it often sounded like music and video game sounds moved up higher as they panned to the rear. The QS8s were never localizable just that some frequencies in the sound caused the whole soundstage to seem to move up as it moved back. I didn’t notice this at all with movies. Actually the ambient sounds from movies seemed to sound a little better with the QS8s placed higher up.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1