So many newbies, so many questions...

1. Programing the remote. Should I use the direct code entry or the IR learning method? The HK instructions suggest that there may be more functions available by using the learning nethod??

2. Night mode...gimik??

3. Intial x-over setting: 80,100,120? Speakers: M22Ti mains, VP-150, QS8's, M2i back channal, EP175 sub

4. ExSet...Has anyone used this or is Radio Shack the destination of choice?

5. Set up: Input Vid1 is an S-video from the cable box, with digital coax audio. I also use component video from the cable box to the Vid2 input. Can they share the coax1 input for audio? The reason for 2 connections, is, the picture quality degrades on the analog and digital channals using the component outs, and for some unexplained reason does not using the S-video cable...
If I cannot share coax1, can i use a y-connector from the cable box to the AVE-525 coax 1&2, setting vid1(S-video) to coax1, and vid2(component) to coax2???

6. Another connection? If I use component connections for DVD & vid2(cable box), does that leave vid1 and vid3 open for use with S-video cable? Should I use vid3 for the S-video connection from the cable box...Leaving vid1 for future VCR/DVR?

7. Is there anyone out there, with a HK 525 or the like, who would like to share a favorite macro...This would be very helpful.

Sorry for sooo many questions...Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Gary