Hi Mojo,

Its more a list which was reproduced earlier in this thread that came about after months of testing and listening to the various configurations. Its a tough call on whether the higher harmonics add or detract since it depends how well you have the sub(s) blended with the mains. The further a sub from the mains the more phase becomes a factor at the higher harmonics. The 500/600 brickwall filters removes the above 100hz harmonics which may or may not be an advantage depending on your room and speakers.

Right after FR and distortion, I find the transient response of the sub to be a big factor in hearing the snap/slam. Its often stated that sealed subs have an advantage in TR but that is a generality and their are many exceptions. In the listening tests I have had with other subs, the EP subs were far more "musical" than other ported subs though I see more manufacturers now focussed on this important aspect of sound quality. I'm curious to see how a sealed 400 would sound compared to a ported 500 with regards to snap. I might try to get ahold of one for some comparisons.

John