OK, I finally got around to uploading the pics
The M44 after the awfull first try with the WWTTWW design

As they were pointing slightly up and we really liked the sound, we decided they needed to be moved to the shelf. We then had a few heart attacks as we moved them up to the top shelf for a more realistic comparison.

The speakers nearly fell a few times as I tried to prop up the tail ends with some blocks to get them pointing down from that lofty perch. If I were to keep them up there I would use a little rubber strip under that front lip to keep them from slipping.
This configuration truly does have that certain something that the VP series lacks. They appear to be as clear as the VP100 and still play lower than the VP150 but the VP150 had a very slight rumble? to it for some voices but the VPM44(better designation?) was just as deep but smoother. Gandalf's voice came through a little clearer to me than the VP150 but just as deep.

Joe have you tried yours put closer together like in the picture? Any difference? More centered?

A pic of the M22s vertically beside the TV

The VP150 was disconnected at the time but I will try it later today for the VP194. The dual verticals were just not right. The narration at the beggining of LOTR would slide between the 2. Her voice would be on both speakers but would peak on one speaker and not the other, making her voice appear to slide betwen the 2.

I am still searching for my SPL meter, I appologize to all for the lack of technical details during this somewhat impromptu session. We both had a little spare time and Mojo was at this end of town, it just came together rather quickly, but I did just use it the other day.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70