If you’re going to use twin M22’s as a center in the vertical position, you really need to play with distance between the two. I ran into the same scenario that you described with a somewhat, for lack of a better descriptor, “hollow” center dialogue with them too far apart. With them too close together, they would cancel each other out and have a real narrow sound stage. I tried towing them in, towing them out and found no improvement with either. In my 12’ wide room, I have mine set roughly 30” apart and have no complaints. I did pre-wire for two horizontal centers (one above and one below my screen), and one of these days I plan to buy a couple and give that a try. For the time being, I’m sticking with my twin M22’s for a center. I’ve heard one VP150 and feel the twin M22’s provide a better overall sound than the single VP150.

From the pictures with the two M22’s on either side of the TV, I can guarantee that they are too far apart from my experiments. I’d play with this some more if I were you….. You might just be surprised what you hear.