I think that I DID tell people that the "review" got into every last, even remotely possible, issue that even the most "righteous" person would complain about... I think that I also said that with THAT much detail, it should be easier to determine what you personally do or don't find offensive or appropriate.

Personally, there are movies that are rated PG-13 that I don't let my 13 year old watch. It all depends on why it is PG-13 and whether or not I think that she can handle what is going on, or if I think that it will "de-sensatize" her. She doesn't get bothered by much, but if a movie is about everyone drinking, doing drugs, and swearing in Jr High, then I won't let her see it. There are too many negative influences on kids today that she doesn't need to get it from a movie that those things are "OK"... My younger daughter, who is 8 1/2 years old, gets freaked out at ET when he is dying, so I skip that chapter. That scene didn't bother my oldest daughter when she was 8, but each kid is different, and each parent needs to know what they do or don't think is OK for their kids. The best way is for the parent to spend time WITH the kids watching the movie and skipping scenes if need be, but someone had mearly asked for what caused the PG-13 rating, so I just posted a cut and paste. I never thought that by doing so I would get the negative responses that I did.

Farewell - June 4, 2020