Rick, we have regulars on this board who believe there are differences in many links in the audio chain (receivers, DACs, interconnects, speaker wire, etc.). Let's call them subjectivists. And, there are board regulars who disagree. Let's call them objectivists (made-up word). Each side, of course, thinks the other is incorrect and misguided, which sometimes, regrettably, leads to our discussions deteriorating from arguments into quarrels (see my tired ol' signature below). We can go a long way toward avoiding this if we restrict our discussion to the issues, avoid the personal insults, and treat those who hold an opinion which differs from our own with a little respect (poor misguided fools though they be ;\) ).

In general, we strive to avoid discussing religion and politics because they are such "hot button" issues. Personally (I do not pretend to speak for other members), regarding these two "hot-button" issues specifically, I have no quarrel with someone who, as you did, states what they believe (or don't believe, as the case may be), as long as there is no attempt to argue that position and/or convince others they are wrong to believe otherwise.

There are many here who hold beliefs which differ from mine who I like, respect, and consider good friends (even if they are really silly ). I hope you'll feel the same, eventually \:\) .

DISCLAIMER: Before the "who died and made you moderator" comments begin, I wish to make clear that the above is merely my opinion, nothing more; nothing less, which I feel I have the right, as do all of us here, to express.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton