Hi Robb,

Help me understand what you disagree with.

I wrote "we don't recommend this at all" for a single M22 located horizontally below the screen and dual M22s on each side of the TV. The respective reasons were poor imaging and "phasey" response.

I also wrote "we don't recommend this" for a single M22 oriented vertically because the sound field was too "narrow". BTW, these were not subtle differences.

Which of the above do you disagree with and why?

What else do you disagree with and why?

I don't doubt your dual M2s sound great. But we never "tested" with M2s or even dual 22s in a vertical configuration for that matter. Maybe someday you can invite me over so I can hear your M2s \:\) .

With regard to mdrew, I don't doubt that it sounds good. Maybe his are spaced further apart or he is further away from them. But has mdrew ever tried an A/B with a VP100 or VP150 or M44s \:\) ?

The point I'm trying to make in the last two paragraphs is that one doesn't know what sounds better until one tries it. I thought my Boses sounded good until I did the A/B with the 80s. The fun part of course is trying all of these different configurations out and learning from them. Sure, they're not scientific but people can take them for what they're worth.

Maybe you can join us next time. The more opinions the richer the experience.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated