Originally Posted By: sirquack
Treatments consist of bass traps and first reflection points. Bass traps should be placed in corners of the room or corners where walls meet ceiling/floor. First reflection panels go on ceiling and walls where the first reflection point of the speaker relates to your seated position.

Placing foam in that little opening will accomplish nothing, and possibly make matters worse. I meant to say 6" of room behind the speakers to allow the low bass to filter into the room from the rear ports. Again, this is assuming the speakers are up against a wall.

I'm not saying it won't work, you just won't get the best sound for your money. As Rick mentioned, you may want to consider the Architecture W22's and W150 in wall/on wall speakers. Also, Axiom will be coming out with their "T" series in the near future, that will be a flush in wall design.

Many thanks.
I did not see your post before my last post. Within the enclosure, the speakers are positioned as far forward as possible. The thought in the foam was to reduce any standing waves occuring.

Each enclosure's dimensions are 19 inches wide, 41.75 inches tall and 21.5 inches deep.

Anywhere where I can read more about the T Series?

The W150 is the item considered for the center due to some dimension requirements, as well as the ability to build a custom frame that will allow me to slightly downangle the center to minimize off axis presentation.

Mark
Pio 94,SB3,BD30,A35,Pio 48AV.Pronto 7000 controlling all. Getting ready for 22s, 150 & QS8s.