Setup is complete, I did not need to replace any wiring so installing the wall mounts for the QS8s and VP150 was the hardest part.

Watched Master and Commander DTS last night and was blown away. My wife said I looked like a kid in a candy store \:\)

I did run through the Sound and Vision Tune-up first with a radio shack spl meter. The sub volume knob seemed very low, barely 6 o' clock position. Did end up setting it a touch hotter than the spl meter suggested so I guess it was on or just past 6 'o clock. The boat creaking and wood cracking was superb. When those cannon balls were flying the whole room was shaking \:D

Still going to experiment to get the best subwoofer mix. I think it was pretty darn good though. There was a nice smooth transition into the lowest frequencies which was very nice.

After we watched M&C I popped in the original Matrix and skipped to the elevator lobby scene. I must say I was really disappointed here, the gunshots all sounded very compressed. The casings falling to the ground sounded very good but that was about it. Watched it to the end and I got the feeling that the sound effects were just not a major priority in this film. I guess I can understand that seeing as there was so much focus on the filming side of things. I just never thought it was lacking until now.

Now I have to make time for Das Boot \:\)