Hansang, this is meant to answer your question and just continue the discussion. Take nothing personal from anything below. It just seems like so many people have fallen into the marketing monster of Sony and blindly believe everything like another 4-letter word I know..... BOSE. More Money Through Better Marketing....

Sony put the Blu-Ray in the PS3 even though most gamers that wanted the latest PlayStation didn't care for a Blu-Ray drive and according to market reports would have rather had a less expensive machine. (This has actually bit Sony in the butt with them in a distant 3rd place in the current console gaming system race. XBox 360 didn't wait for HD-DVD, and they got to market 1 year before Sony because Sony waited for the Blu-Ray drive, and now there are 3 times as many XBox 360 owners as PS3 owners. Put the Wii in there, and the PS3 is in 3rd place. A HUGE blow to Sony since the PS2 was the "king" before.)

Then Sony had the marketing lies about "more capacity", "better video and sound resolution than other HD formats", and with their "deals" with movie studios to lock out HD-DVD, it DOES force their technology. Sure, if Blu-Ray was the better of the two formats, it would be great, but it has been argued for years by people that aren't easily wowed by the better sounding "name" of Blu-Ray over boring sounding HD-DVD, that Blu-Ray was the inferior format for a long time, still isn't finalized (lack of compatibility for newer titles and older machines, Blu-Ray costs more to make both in the hardware and the discs, and so on...

If the "market" had decided, and if the "market" had the facts, then the "market" would not have picked Blu-Ray, but what choice did Sony give the "market"? (wow, that's a lot of quotes)

* Disclaimer, I know that there is more than just Sony at play here, but Sony was the one brokering the deals for the most part, and footing the cash, as well as the ones directly doing the marketing lies. If their format truly was superior, then why didn't they let the facts be what they are and truly LET the "market" decide?

I must be getting cranky in my old age... I think that I am 35 going on 65 sometimes. Maybe I need a new hobby... Naw... I just need it to get warm enough outside to play more paintball with my team and really get some aggression out.

Farewell - June 4, 2020