Although I live in an apartment now and one EP500 is, well how should I say this ---OVERKILL--- I’m trying to learn about bass management now for when I buy a home and can select/build a better dedicated HT room.

My question is how to best integrate multiple subwoofers to get both flat response and get them operating in phase? So far I haven’t found much at all about the phase issue but all advice is welcome.

Jakeman said the following in another thread:

Originally Posted By: Jakeman

As you go from one to multiple subs studies (such as the famous Harman study on multiple subs) have shown that the greatest benefit to achieving flat response by reducing nodes throughout the room happen when you add a second subwoofer. Adding additional subs helps further but not as much with four subs being about the limit for further improvement in flattening FR. Getting them placed properly and operating in phase is another involved topic but the benefits are clear with less need for room treatments or equalization. A couple of years ago out of curiousity I bought 3 EP 600s and 2 EP500s to see for myself and 4 subs does provide the optimal benefit.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1