Yes slownlo, I own the M22s. I should say that I also own Magnepan and KEF speakers. I ordered the Axioms on a whim after reading all the great reviews. I'm always looking for products with a high value/price ratio. I fully expected to listen to them for the trial period and then send them back to Axiom. I decided to keep them and here is why:

I found them to be some of the most well balanced (treble mid and bass) speakers i've ever heard at any price.

I found the treble region to be exceptional: sparkle and airy yet non fatiguing. And anything BUT rolled off.

In the mid range, voices (especially female) were allowed to open up and flow with out sounding harsh or honky and there is a very good you-are-there sense even for a box speaker(re:Maggies).

Deep bass is just not there nor is it expected to be. But I find the upper bass reigons to be clean, tight and articulate and none of the resonance that you describe.

I've listened to many "higher end" speakers (mostly at the dealers show rooms) with various price points and in the $500 - $2500 range I could find none that I liked more that would justify the higher price than the M22 including my KEFs but excluding the Magnepans. Most of those higher priced speakers were much more attractive in appearence and even in build quality but the sound just didn't justify the extra cost.

Just my opinions.

BTW, I,m not offended but you can't expect to come on a board filled with happy Axiom owners and blast the product
and expect folks to warm up to ya'. And I was truely trying to understand your description of "rolled off".

Good luck with you purchase of the M80s.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.