Thanks for the luck. I was afraid I had managed to offend, which again was not my intent.

I am anticipating receipt of the M80's! I already have a place carved out in my listening room for when the boxes arrive. I hope they are not too obtrusive (at 39.5x9.25x17), though I think my listening room (20' x 15') will accomodate its new guests just fine...

The ratio of cost to performance is always important, but I also like to look at build standard as well. A speaker is better heard and not seen, but depsite that, it is their physical asthetic that lends to their ability to provide us with a pleasant listening experience and you must admit that the LSi9 is of a high caliber in this regard. The design quality is impeccable. Bass impact is full and smooth, (as are the upper registers) for such a small speaker. This has everything to do with its crossover design: The bottom woofer works up to 200Hz, where it is "rolled off" (sorry I had to go there) with a second-order filter. The top woofer works within the same same frequencies but also continues up through the midrange to 2.4kHz, where it is rolled off with a second-order filter. A third-order filter is used with the hi-range driver, and that flies off up into the 20Khz+ heavens.

I apologize about harping on and on about the LSi9's, but they have just managed to impress me to no end, based on the same reasoning for the Axiom admirers: Price+Performance+ Build quality (and name brand recognition doesn't hurt either). Anyway, my M80's are on the way and I look forward to hearing from them. )