Hi All,

I have disbanded my M80 from the Epic80*500 5.1 setup in the family room and reduced/relocate my 5.1 setup to main M22 in the living room. I just ordered the M22, which is due to arrive this Thursday. I'm turning the family room into a master bedroom and I want to have my M80 in 2.1 digital playback setup in my new bedroom. Today, I just received my MDHT Lab Constantine+ USB DAC delivered from the exotic far East and handcrafted there too. So far, I got to say that I am a proud owner of this DAC and the M80. I have everything setup in 2.0 from my PC and it flows like this:

XP_PC-->USB_DAC-->AMP-->M80

My question to this setup chain is that how do you hookup EP500 with M80 without a "preamp"? I know I can put in a preamp with a sub output in the chain and solve my problem, but I don't want to add another component of that sort. I want to order another EP500 down the road, but I have an EP500 right now I just don't know how to hook it up to test it before I order another one. Well, I kinda think I do know how and in this scenario I think this is where I should hookup the M80 to the EP500 High Level Input, but I need to make sure of it before I blow my speakers. Am I on the right track with the High Level Input thinking or the only way to get EP500 hookup is with a preampt in the chain??

BTW-IMO this setup sounds much better so far then my Denon 4306 setup (maybe it's a placebo effect)IMO using foobar2000 to playback electronica WAV files, but it's debatable. However, what is not debatable is the convenience and infinite source of musics the digital playback has to offer. I wish I can describe to you audiophiles the musical differences between the PC-->DAC-->AMP-->M80 and my Denon 4306-->Anthem A2-->M80 setup, but admittedly I am idiot when it comes to describing sounds. I just know how to enjoy the musics and never spend the time to be analytical about it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-BC