Originally Posted By: tomtuttle
Okay, just gotta say it...

I like Craig. I think he's a fun guy. He obviously takes this hobby very seriously, and I have no reason to think that his rankings are overly biased. I do NOT have his broad frame of reference. His rankings undoubtedly provide a valuable service to other audiophiles. I'm certain he knows more about subwoofers than I do, and more than most people do.

But, well, one man's opinion and all that. His room, his methodology, his ears, etc. Don't let somebody else's list deprive you of joy you might otherwise derive.

Well said, Tom. Craig has said, repeatedly, that his rankings are his opinion, nothing more, nothing less. He presents them in an effort to help folks narrow down their choices, not to tell them what subwoofer to buy. And, like Consumer Reports rankings, a product being somewhere down the list doesn't mean the product isn't a good one.

I proudly own an EP500 and I don't feel deprived in the least. It is an excellent subwoofer and pleases me every time I use my system. It does the job beautifully.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton