Originally Posted By: Ajax

Well said, Tom. Craig has said, repeatedly, that his rankings are his opinion, nothing more, nothing less. He presents them in an effort to help folks narrow down their choices, not to tell them what subwoofer to buy. And, like Consumer Reports rankings, a product being somewhere down the list doesn't mean the product isn't a good one.

I dunno. He knows my views about his list.

I've always enjoyed his opinions and usually have similar views, but his list stopped making sense to me and several other informed people a long time ago. I won't go into all the contradictions on that list but several of his recent scores did not pan out with at least 2 group listening tests. In particular they don't jive with comparisons of the JL113, PB13-Ultra, DD-18 and EP600 for example. Part of the problem is that his numerical rankings are not at all as scientific as suggested since very few of those subs were compared side by side. His music scores in particular are highly subjective and not corroborated in group tests yet they carry a 50% weight. Then some scores, like the EP500, don't reflect the unanimous favourable opinions of the listening group that included Jack and me. Reluctantly, when asked I suggest that people not place much credence on that list except as an information source. Kudos for the effort in any event.

John