Hi Sushi,

Your points are well taken, and it seems like your opininon is valued within this message board community. You make my point partially by describing the parts sold by GR as "high quality"....as opposed to what and to what effect in use? )

Whats useless to you may not be to someone else Sushi. The calculator is just another way of introducing the less experienced to how the values of a XO's components change a speakers characteristic response to its input. Some people may be intimidated by the GUI offered by some of the windows based programs...and again (4x), no one should do anything that they are not personally comfortable with.

Maybe building speakers from scratch, though personally gratifying, would also be a waste of time (and money) considering the value and sonic quality to be had in the purchase of speakers already built (think Axiom).

I have read a few posts from folks here that have successfully changed values of XO components to pleasant surprise, and have managed to alleviate a "personally" irritatiing aspect of the speakers translation of input. Its not for the "faint" of screwdriver to undertake, but rewards can sometimes outweigh the risk. Anyway, I'll not beat a dead horse. Thanks for your responeses and God bless you.