i totally disagree. if you can hear and spent some jack on your equipment then you need at least decent cables. remember guys your sound is only as good as your weakest link and if your $1000 cd player is hooked up to your $4000 reciever/pre/pro combo and your listening to it on $1500 pair of speakers is that $3 cable from wal-mart going to actually give you a good signal transfer? no it won't. there are limits to be in reason. i wouldn't spend $1500/ft for pss speaker wire either but $100 to equip the 2 main towers doesn't seem unreasonable if that's what i use 99% of the time. my surrounds will keep the $.40 16/4 wire that was originall put in due to the lenght of the run and i only listen to them on movies. anybody that sells euqipment recommends whatever you spend on equipment spend 10% on cables and wiring i.e. if you spend 5000 on equipment spend 500 on cables and wiring. thats what i did and i am completely happy with my sound quality. you do have to make compromises. spend the money where it will be used the most. if you usually listen to only music and not much tv spend more money on the interconnects from the music sounrce than from the tv source and so on.

chris