In reply to:

I've come to HATE Monster cables. If for no other reason than the grip of death hold they have. I've ruined more than one RCA jack with those darn things.

Thanks for giving us yet another reason not to buy the Monster cables. All I ever want in a cable are RELIABILITY, RELIABILITY, and RELIABILITY. Without the damn basic mechanical/electrical reliability, "outstanding build quality," "high-spec looks," and /gasp/ "excellent sound quality" means absolutely nothing. After all, you should be able to hook up a cable and forget about it. So much for spending significant amounts of $$$ on the overpriced, relabeled OEM cables, only to find out later that they give you more troubles than benefits!

I guess I will stick to the inexpensive AR cables (and the like) from PartsExpress.com -- they've NEVER ever given me a trouble for the past >10 years. No grip-of-death breaking the RCA jacks of my precious electronics; No thickie plugs rubbing each other... And importantly, they sound just RIGHT, period!!! HAHAHA...