I need some advise on acustics and sound proofing. Heres the 411: My HT is in the basement. It is aprox. 14'wide x 36' long ( the theater portion is about 16' long the rest will be a game room) x 7' tall. The two short walls, one long wall, and the floor are concrete. I plan on boxing it all in with 2x4 wall construction, filled with insulation, and coverd with drywall. drywall for the cieling and carpet for the floor. Front projection screen on the short wall, projector 16 to 17' from screen, and couch about 14 to 15' from the screen.

Questions:
How would I go about sound proofing the cieling from the upstairs. If you are downstairs you can hear people walking around upstairs. I thought about geting some styrafoam and puting that between the rafters along with some insulation.

Also thought about haning a sliding curtain with some heavy fabric to seperate the game room from the HT. Not too woried about insulating the sound between them as much, but kinda thought it would help with the acustics.

Last but not least, should I use fabric on the walls and ceiling? I thought I read somewhere that it would help with the acustics and the souround in the room.

Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Timmy