psychobabble,
Thanks for your reply. I checked out the links you refered me to. The first site building science was for weatherproofing and insulation. The second site, quiet solutions had some interesting products but were out of my price range! If I were to go with a standard 2x4 wall construction on the two concrete walls would the sound be affected by the hollowness of the walls, I mean the sound would go through the sheetrock, through the insulation, and hit the concreate. Would it resonate off the concrete back into the room? I may be worried about nothing here, I mean, I don't know if this would create a problem I could hear or not. (I am just an average person who problably couldn't tell the difrence between a 10,000 dollar speaker and a 100.00 one.) I guess I was more concerned with the ceiling. The floor joist's in my house are 2x12 which gives me more air space between them. If I put regular batting insulation in I still have air space. You mentioned metal chanels to seperate the sheetrock from the 2x4's and the rafters, what do you mean by this? What does the space between the sheetrock and 2x4's do for you?
I know I am not going to be able to completly sound proof the room because it is not completely enclosed. I mainly want to try and control the sound between floors.

Any cheap and inexpensive tips and tricks to acomplish this?
Anybody got anymore links to sites other than the ones already mentioned?

timmy