Originally Posted By: fredk
Woofersus. I think you are expecting too much from a small bookshelf. I liked the sound of the studio 20 exept that they sounded small.

Its a shame you didn't go one step further and listen to the Studio 40. They give a much bigger sound than the 20 and much more bass extension. I think the vocals may have been a little more forward and certainly more real.

Well, I expected them to sound small. I guess what surprised me is that, sans bass extension, I thought the mini monitors sounded bigger. The mini's certainly had more faults to pick at, but they just came out of the box towards me instead of back into the room if that makes any sense. They were more fun. I guess if you guys are saying that to get the qualities I liked so much in the minis's I should go with M22's then that answers a lot of my questions. I don't want something that won't sound full, but I don't need low bass from it. I'm adding a sub.

Of course I'd just love a pair of M80's, but both price and WAF prevent that. Maybe down the road when I've got a dedicated room...

Tim Evans
East Street Audio