hmmm.. I just find it odd that there is absolutely no difference between large with LFE+main and a crossover and small with LFE and a crossover. I see no reason why that option would even exist- especially in two channel mode where there is no LFE.

I didn't think that the woofer would stop working alltogether, just that it would work less. Even with the crossover to the woofers at 160 wouldn't the back and forth movement of the woofer be signifactly reduced if you cut out all sounds below 80hz from the mains? It seems to me like it would still move (since the crossover to the woofers is higher than 80 hz), but not nearly as much. That is if the frequency below the crossover were indeed being cut off when settings are large and LFE+main

I will have to experiment some more- but It sure seemed like there was more bass (too much actually) with large and LFE+main than just large and LFE.

Anyway, I don't think denon's wonderful manual helps clarify any of this. I am just glad that things are sounding better for me now. I wish I could check the sub level when in 2 channel network mode- I will just have to keep an ear out to make sure the settings don't revert back to -10db

-David