Originally Posted By: terzaghi
hmmm.. I just find it odd that there is absolutely no difference between large with LFE+main and a crossover and small with LFE and a crossover.
Because there isn't, that was my point way back near the beginning.
 Quote:
I see no reason why that option would even exist- especially in two channel mode where there is no LFE.
That's everyones feeling by the reviews, never the less it is there. I am thinking Denon's engineer's thought was to allow the crossover to work to lower the load on the amps as long as there is a subwoofer why not use it.
 Quote:
I will have to experiment some more- but It sure seemed like there was more bass (too much actually) with large and LFE+main than just large and LFE.
Because with large and LFE the sub is dead, only speakers set to small would be sending anything to the sub, but you are in 2 channel so nothing should be making it to the sub, with LFE+main you now have a working sub with the mains sending anything around(roll off) and below the crossover to the sub. You should be getting more bass with large and LFE+Main and IMO it should sound pretty much identical to mains set to small and subwoofer on, as they are doing the same thing.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70