I currently have:

2 QS8's side surrounds
1 VP150 center (duh)
2 Bose 401's rear surrounds

I plan on getting M80's soon.

I have a denon 2307ci

I was told I should look into getting an Emotiva LPA-1 to help drive the M80's as the denon, while adequate, may get too hot and I decided I don't want to lose the Denon to damage. So I've decided on the Emotiva because it fits my budget while also getting the M80s.

I've been trying to decide on how to configure everything and have come up with the following scenarios:

1) Run all the Axioms from the Emotiva and leaving the bose to be run by the denon. My reasoning for this is that the emotiva's Channel 6 & 7 only output 50w (although this is probably enough)

2) Give more power to the fronts by only running the LCR from the Emotiva and let the denon run the surrounds.

Now, assuming Bi-amping with only 1 amp (the Emotiva) can give even a slight advantage:

3) Bi-amp the M80's AND run the VP150 with the Emotiva, letting the Denon run the surrounds.

4) If the emotiva can't handle the bi-amped M80's AND the vp150, bi-amp the M80's and let the Denon handle everything else.

Is it possible that I don't really even need the Emotiva, that the Denon can do the job just fine?

Last edited by vassillios; 05/09/08 04:10 PM.

Made on a Mac